So, the last decade (by last decade I mean the 00’s) ended three years ago and I’ve just realized there has been so many awesome songs that I have never written about! So I figured I should make a list of the best songs of the 00’s, my version. So here goes!
1. Linkin Park – In The End. It was released in 2001; November 20, 2001 to be exact. Some sources say it was November 21, but it doesn’t really matter. Since Linkin Park is one of my favorite bands, it is going to take a lot of places here 🙂
2. Linkin Park – Papercut. As In The End, it was released in 2001 (two months earlier). Both: the song and its video totally blew my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjVkXlxsO8Q.
3. Klaus Badelt – Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl. I seriously don’t know anyone who doesn’t like this one! (2003)
4. Green Day – Wake me up when September ends. This song was released in 2005 and I think it was the best song that I heard that year, I’ve listened to it for a thousand of times and it never gets old.
5. Damien Rice – Nine Crimes. I heard it only in 2012, but it was released in 2006. It is sung in a quiet voice and when you kind of sink into it. You don’t hear songs like that every day, it’s amazingly beautiful.
6. Rihanna ft Jay -Z – Umbrella. This one came out in 2007, now it seems like forever ago. A lot of people fell in love with this song instantly, so did I. The official music video is also pretty good
7. Linkin Park – What I’ve Done, released in 2007. I am posting a link to the video, not audio, because this video is really worth watching again. And again. And again 🙂 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yw1Tgj9-VU
8. Beyoncé – Halo. The song released in 2008. I know most believe that listening to Beyoncé is a little girly, but she has this unbelievable voice that is hard to forget. And the music is surprisingly soothing.
9. Eminem and Rihanna – Love the Way You Lie, 2010. I think most people like it but some of them just don’t admit it.
10. Bastille – Oblivion. I know it is not from the 00’s… But it is so cool that I just couldn’t resist mentioning it here. If you haven’t heard it already, you definitely should listen to it.